If you have an outdoor space at home, you’ll know that there are a lot of different ways to make it feel like an extension of your home rather than a separate space. One of the most popular ways to do this is by using the outdoors as a natural extension of your interior design – whether it be in terms of colours or patterns. If you want your outdoor space to feel like an extension of your home, whether for relaxing after work or on weekends, then you’ll probably want to consider the use of tones and colours within that space. The decision about what colour scheme to go for can seem overwhelming but fortunately there are ways to help simplify things. That said, now might be the perfect time to think about how you could use colour schemes in your outdoor space. Hopefully this guide will help answer some questions about what tone of composite decking from Deckorum – wood vs grey – would work best for your indoor/outdoor space.
What is a Wood Tone?
If you think of your outdoor space as a place that is naturally lit through the use of an abundance of natural light, you may want to consider colours that reflect that light. You can do so by opting for a wood tone – with options across both our Sollast and Royale ranges. If you want your outdoor space to feel similar to how you feel when you’re surrounded by trees, then a wood tone could be the perfect solution for you. Wood tones are typically warm in colour, meaning that they feel inviting and comfortable, just like the feeling you get when you are surrounded by trees. A wood tone can be vibrant and exciting while also being subtly calming at the same time.
What is a Grey Tone?
A grey tone is something that you may want to consider if you want your outdoor space to feel more like an extension of your indoor space. Particularly if you’re trying to maintain a sense of continuity throughout your home. A grey tone is neutral – meaning it’s incredibly versatile should you wish to keep mixing things up with your space. These tones are typically more subtle and muted than a wood tone, with a grey tone being a great way to extend your indoor space without your outdoor space being overly brash or in-your-face. A grey tone can also be perfect for those who are looking to create a more modern space, since grey is a colour that is often used in modern design.
Pros of Using a Wood Tone
– Warmth: If you want your outdoor space to feel incredibly homely, then you may want it to have the same kind of warmth that you feel in your home. A wood tone is naturally warm and inviting, making it the perfect choice if you want to extend the warmth of your home into your outdoor space.
– Vibrancy: A wood tone can also be vibrant and exciting, making it the perfect choice if you want your outdoor space to be eye-catching. If you want to make your outdoor space stand out amongst the other outdoor spaces in your neighbourhood, a wood tone is the way to go.
– Continuity: Another perk of choosing a wood tone for your outdoor space is that it can help to maintain a sense of continuity throughout your home, particularly if your interiors have a more traditional feel. This means that your outdoor space can look like an extension of your indoor space, making it perfect if you want your home to look well-kept and uncluttered.
Pros of Using a Grey Tone
– Neutral: One of the most common pros of choosing a grey tone for your outdoor space is that it is neutral. This means that your outdoor space will be more subtle and not in-your-face, making it the perfect way to make your outdoor space inviting and tranquil.
– Modern: Another perk of choosing a grey tone for your outdoor space is that it is associated with modern design. This means that it can help to give your outdoor space a more modern feel, making it the perfect way to create a more trend-led space.
– Easy to Maintain: Another pro of choosing a grey tone for your outdoor space is that it is easy to maintain and clean. This means that over time, your outdoor space will look as good as new and will not require much upkeep, making it the perfect choice for those who are busy.
With so much choice in our composite decking range, it can be difficult to know where to start. If you want your outdoor space to feel warm and inviting, then a wood tone could be the perfect solution for you. Alternatively, if you want your outdoor space to feel more subtle and modern, then a grey tone would be the right choice. Regardless of what tone you choose to use, making sure that your outdoor space reflects the personality of your home is a great way to make the most out of your outdoor space.